I know it's not Daily...you know it's not Daily...let's just say it's a catchy title and leave it at that eh?

January 22, 2004

There are some things that just *are* y'know?...immutable universal truths...consistent facts that you can always just rely on...stalwart pillars of consistency that no matter what anyone says will always just *be*...where am I going with this you may wonder? well hang on to your hats everyone i'm about to get to the point :)

Quite simply Macs are *immeasureably* better than PC's :)...don't believe me? ok then let me illustrate my point and paint you the wonderful, pleasurable, hassle-free picture that is being a Mac owner:

1-They actually work...no no no, bear with me here let me explain, i've been using Macs for about 10 years now and PC's for about 5 or 6 years. After having the pleasure of learning the way things *should* work when you use a computer I then eventually got around to using a PC...and for about 2 months was *seriously* waiting for someone to tell me that this was all just some kind of elaborate practical joke...someone was just playing with the Mac boy trying to make him think that PC's were all just horrifically outdated, ill conceived, bug-ridden, overly complicated nightmares-in-a-box!...perhaps unsurprisingly no-one ever told me that it was just a big joke (unless it's still going...which would make it the most complicated, elaborate, far reaching ruse ever conceived...and all for me!...oh I like that, I always suspected I was the centre of the universe but this just confirms it really ;)). Subsequent versions of Windoze (hehehehe) *have* got better...and by better I mean that they've aped Apple and made their terrible OS more and more like MacOS but that still means that whilst the newest version of Windoze is now just about matching MacOS 8 (about 6ish years ago that) for usability, the enlightened Mac user gets to play with the undisputed glory that is OSX mmmmmmmmmm.

2-If you work in an office where everyone uses Macs then everyone has their own Mac...it works...every once in a while it may need a little upkeep (shifting fonts about, maybe a disk defrag) but nothing too complicated and nothing that the person who's Mac it is can't do themselves. I once worked in a company that ran loads of PC's (yes it was horrible) and my Mac (a G4), I was there for 2 years and my Mac crashed once...yes that's right once, the PC's crashed on average between 5 and 10 times a day, needed defragging every week, needed the OS wiping and reinstalling every once in a while, had just about every component in them replaced at least once while I was there (the video editing machine was fully rebuilt 4 times and it *still* didn't work properly) and to cap it all off there was a person employed specifically to carry all this work out...and everyone seemed to find this perfectly acceptable! WHAT!

3-And finally...the obvious reason...they're so beautiful! Yes that's right design is important (well i'm a designer so obviously i'm going to say that) and while the PC world continues to either churn out ugly beige boxes or produce ill-advised Apple rip offs (they're so quaint!) Apple just keeps going with what makes them so special...innovative product design. See i'm used to it, i've been around Macs for ages so i'm used to how amazing their design is, it's funny watching people who see my iMac for the first time though...first they see the lovely flat screen and say 'that's a nice screen' to which I smugly reply 'I know'...then they start looking around for the rest of the computer before asking 'where's the rest of it?'...getting smugger (yes I made it up) by the second now I point to the lovely little dome underneath the screen...'what the whole computer is in there! wow!'...and now comes the best bit, I tilt the screen on it's shiny arm then move it completely out of the way so they can see the dome better...'WOW! that's fucking amazing!'...fully at my smuggest (that too) now I reply 'I know'...aaaahhhh Macs are great!

4-PC's smell.

I could go on (believe me) but i think i've made my point and besides I think everyone will have got bored and drifted to another site long ago :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home