I know it's not Daily...you know it's not Daily...let's just say it's a catchy title and leave it at that eh?

January 26, 2004

Hello, hello, hello :)

The eagle-eyed attentive few amongst our number will have noticed a brief cessation of service for all things 'Thinglike' over the weekend (yes I suppose I *could* just have said 'I didn't post anything on the weekend' but as you may have noticed I have a fascination with using big fancy words...I think it makes me sound clever) which does sort of detract from the accuracy of the title 'The Daily Thing'...but let me point out that weekends exist solely for the pursuit of either ridiculousness or relaxation (occasionally both...although not at the same time) and, flattered as I am by the thought of you hunched next to your computers all weekend gently rocking back and forth on your chair as you patiently wait for the next 'thing' to hurl itself onto your screen, I would have to ask 'have you nothing better to do?'...no neither have I...but I like to pretend I do...so anyway let's just agree from now on that when I say 'Daily Thing' what I actually mean is 'Daily Thing during the working week with a short break at the weekend' ok? good.

After last week's whirlygig of development and expansion in the world of the 'Daily Thing' (moving from exclusive private e-mails to a constant web presence to a simply wonderful online store) things are going to slow down a bit now, after all I can't keep that kind of pace up for too long no matter what you may have heard ;) ...but keep checking the store, there are now 4 quite lovely items for sale on there (and i'm my first customer for 2 of them!) and there'll be a few more before the day is out, yay! But anyway, in an effort to keep things interesting for at least a little while longer I have invited some chums to post on here too...hopefully they'll bring some interesting differing viewpoints to the fore and we can all sit down and enjoy a nice lively intelligent debate about current affairs and such...however, i think it's *much* more likely that we'll just settle into a routine of childish namecalling and abuse which will rapidly spiral out of control leading to a responsible adult forcibly seperating us all and sending us to different corners of the web to 'think about what we've done'...fun for all either way I think :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home