Well as the mailing listers will have found out earlier when their inboxes were invaded by hordes of shrieking nuns (don't ask) i'm back at work today...like the brave little trooper I am i've dragged my aching carcass into work to deal with an ever-growing pile of work that needs my "special handling" (now why does that sound dirty?).
So in i crawl this morning (I know, laying it on a bit thick aren't I) to discover that, yet again, today is Christopher day (that's what people in work call days when I get yet another piece of obscure tat delivered from somewhere) so I started the day with a lovely W/Y/H (some people will get that...i'll elaborate at some other time) as today I got a load of Isaac Asimov books (a purchase inspired by last weeks 'I-Robot' post), the books in question are the 4 books of the Robot series (The Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun, The Robots of Dawn and Robots & Empire) and they are the fantastic start to an epic story that spans over 20 books! I've read them before and i'm really looking forward to reading them again...anyone else who fancies reading some of the best books ever (ever!) should get them as well. And my other delivery today was an unexpected sword...which is peculiar in itself, I mean how many of you lot can say that you've received a free sword eh? yes I thought so :) ...anyway, this came about because I ordered a cheap sword for a mate on eBay (he needed it for a weapons training course) and the supplier eventually said that they couldn't get stock to me in time for this course...I cancelled the order, got my money back, and ordered another sword...this sword then had similar delivery problems and ended up getting here late...and now this other one's shown up...tchah! would you believe it eh? wait weeks for a sword then 2 turn up at once :) ...I prefer that to the 'bus' version...has more of an 'edge' to it...haaaaaaahahahahahaha...*ahem* sorry ;)












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home