Mornin' all :)
I have been spending quite a lot of my free time recently playing Project Gotham Racing 2 on Xbox Live (and before anyone gets started I *assure* you I don't need the obvious pointing out to me...yes I am a fiercely loyal Macboy and yes it does burn me up inside to play on something churned from deep within the dark fortress of Mi'cro'dur (which is *in fact* located in Redmond, WA...and not Mordor as some vertically challenged young adventurers may think) and yes as I play on the cursed thing I can practically feel the watchful eye of the Dark Lord Bill on me...the bastard!...if only there weren't so many good games that need owning damnit!) and i'm really quite enjoying it...it really is quite an ego boost to beat people from around the world into submission with yet another nigh-on-perfect lap :)
However, as some of you may know, 'Xbox Live' is sold with a communicator headset thingy which means that when you're playing online you can talk to the people you're playing against...what a lovely idea! But I didn't get the big pack thing which means I didn't get the headset at first...now that means that when i'm playing online I can see the little symbols pop up on screen which means other people are chattering away to each other and I can't hear what the blasted nerds are saying damnit! They could be being mean about me 'cos they're jealous of my superior driving skills! Feckin' nerds :)
So anyway, being the gadget boy that I am, I couldn't go long without a piece of technology that others had and I didn't...so I got one of the silly communicator things and i'm now fully ready to go online and talk about how great I am as well as prove it!...but there's one tiny tiny little problem...since I got it (about a week ago) I haven't played PGR2 once...not once...i'd *like* to think it's just 'cos i've been far too busy (partly true) but I was really busy last week as well and still found a couple of hours spare here and there...the real reason of course is that now that i've lost the happy comfort blanket of anonimity i'm scared to go online! :) Pathetic I know...but whereas last week I could happily go online and soundly thrash people with a minimum of effort i've now got to make small talk about crap I don't care about in the slightest and pretend that I actually *like* them...isn't that just a bit too close to dating without any of the chance of sex?












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home