Ok then, I wasn't going to share this with the world in general for fear of it giving everyone some juicy ammunition to use against me...but most people who know me know about this 'interesting' facet of my personality...so what the hell :)
Now then...phobias...they're unpleasant aren't they? having that one thing (or two or three...depends on how weird you are really) that, against all reason, just completely and utterly freaks you out. Logic doesn't enter into the way you feel about this 'thing' of course...for example a spider isn't really all that terrifying is it? especially not in this country, I can understand this fear in those godforsaken bits of the world (like Australia, why on earth anyone would want to visit a country where *every* animal is either a man-eater or ridiculously poisonous...apart from the sheep...and personally I think they're just biding their time...they look a bit shifty to me) where a tiddly little spider can kill you or where they've got those big, hairy, nasty bastard spiders that are about the size of a van...that's understandable...but here...where the spiders are pissy little things that can't do you any harm...what's there to be scared of? But spiders are a common one so that's all fine...yup, no-one has any problems with that phobia...no matter how stupid :)
I've got 3 phobias that I know of (you can never rule out some future mental scarring eh?)...Sharks, Death and a mystery third option :)...the first is easily avoided, I don't go near a mass of water larger than a small puddle (I do *occasionally* pluck up enough courage to venture into a swimming pool...but I only last about 10 minutes before I get a horrible feeling that something's about to bite my legs off...then I start freaking out and spinning around trying to see what's about to get me...then people stare at me and start subtly moving further and further away from the strange spinning man...then I leave...what? that's perfectly normal...at least it's a better phobia than fucking spiders). The Death one is slightly more problematic as, let's face it, there's no avoiding THAT...so I just have to try and not think about it...which is quite difficult when you're writing about it...so let's move on before I start panicking shall we? And now we have the last one...the 'mystery' phobia...the one that no-one can *ever* understand...cotton wool...*shudder*
Yes you *did* read that right and yes I am honestly really freaked out by Co...can we just call it 'CW' now? it's making me freak out just thinking about it...you know when you're teeth go on edge, you skin starts crawling and your body starts tensing and constricting in on itself because you *really* don't like something? well that's what i'm like now...and it's difficult to type 'cos I can't make my arms move properly! Now I can't carry on writing about this for too long as it's really getting to me now...i'd love to be able to explain my reasons for this phobia but I can't, partly because i'm not sure myself and partly 'cos I just don't want to think about it anymore...so there you have it...my stupid 'mystery phobia'
So now, finally, we get to the point of this post...which is the reaction I get when I mention the CW thing...let's say, for example, that one of your closest friends has just shared his absolute terror of heights and he's stood there, visibly shaken and in need of reassurance...so what do you do? go and jolly him up a little? or take him directly to the tallest building you can find and dangle him off the roof by his ankles? or let's say someone else mentions a complete and utter soul-freezing fear of snakes...do you tell him that it's ok as he's unlikely to run into any snakes in this country? or do you rush to your local pet shop, buy the biggest snake you can find, get back to this guy and throw it at him? I think the answers here are slightly obvious (unless you're a cunt) but they illustrate my point. Now then, what do you think happens *every* time the CW thing comes to light? do I get any support or comfort from my wonderful friends or my loving family? No, of course not, everyones laughs and starts banging on about it and will *not* shut up, no matter how much I beg and plead with them not to mention it...and then what happens? yes that's right they race to the nearest stockpile of the dreaded stuff and start hurling it at me, capering around cackling madly as they inflict untold damage on my fragile mental health...*sigh* poor me :(












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home