Have you ever noticed that after people watch something they can often be directly influenced by it? Like when you've seen a kung-fu film and, despite being a complete spaz, you'll twat about and pretend you're dead hard just like in the film...or is that just me :)
It's not just films that sometimes have that effect on me...books do too, and since you're so much more involved in a book than a film it can sometimes be more prominent in your behaviour...I have been reading Oscar Wilde books recently for example, and over the last few weeks i've found myself acting a lot more foppish than usual :) someone remarked to me last week that I was going though a 'Bertie Wooster' phase...not sure if it was meant as a compliment or not but it made me smile...i've always fancied myself as something of an english gent (well, i've always just fancied myself really!), snappily dressed and well-mannered with a subtle condescending wit *sigh* yes I would have done well for myself in those times I think...I would, of course, have been quite fantastically rich :) and that's not far off the truth actually as our family used to be part of the aristocracy believe it or not...we were brought to ruin by one of my forebears who couldn't control his reckless and flagrant spending...oh dear, anyone seeing a pattern here :)
Anyway, where was I going with this? Well as i've now finished my Oscar Wilde reading i've moved onto another one of my favourite subjects...Japan, and i'm currently reading 'Hagakure: The Way of the Samurai'...and to follow that I have on order 'The Art Of War' by Sun Tzu, 'The Book Of Five Rings' by Musashi Miyamoto and 'The Unfettered Mind: Writings of the Zen Master to the Sword Master' by Takuan Soho...and why am I telling you all this? well as a simple warning really...I just don't want anyone to get offended if these books affect me in the way certain others have and I start strutting about the place 'demanding satisfaction' for any imagined insults or slights by insisting on a duel! Not that I will of course...'cos i'm a tart...but I found it an entertaining thought...hhhhmmmmm it's probably a good idea I can't afford that sword eh ;)












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home