YAY SNOW!
The outcome of the lovely snowy goodness dropping out of the sky as we all snoozed peacefully last night is that I was 'snowed in' this morning and couldn't get to work (I live in the countryside don't y'know...no roads out here, oh no no no...just lots of big fat animals, depressing buildings and no civilization whatsoever...no no no I said the *countryside* not Birmingham...easy mistake to make though)...as I was idly skipping and leaping around the house in my underwear (there's a pleasant image for you all) chuckling at the poor fools who've had to go to work (like my housemate hehehehehehe) I was reminded of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer refuses to go to church on a horrible snowy day and stays at home instead :) ..."who wears short shorts!"
There has been one slight burr to this otherwise fulfilling day of inactivity though...I have seen a lot of daytime television today, no no no that's not the problem (nothing wrong with lots of Buffy and Angel)...but the adverts are...I have never seen so many credit company (loan sharks!) adverts on at the same time! Literally every ad break was filled from start to finish with 'Ocean Finance', 'Loans Direct', 'Loans 4 U', 'Lombard Direct' and 'Ocean Lombard Direct Finance Loans 4 U' (spot the possible impostor?) desperately trying to convince people who are *hideously* in debt that their best course of action is to take another loan! WHAT! That's like saying 'i've just put my hand in this blender and lost the tips of my fingers...maybe if I keep pushing down hard they'll grow back again!'...NO! borrowing more money from dodgy companies is not the answer, just stop spending fucking money! (and before anyone who knows me leaps in to point out the ridiculousness of *me* lecturing anyone about spending too much money, i'd like to point out that I *don't* have a problem with spending money at all...nope...I can stop anytime I want...anytime at all). One more thing...all these loans are offered to Homeowners only and have the word 'unsecured' dropped in there somewhere...hhhmmmm dunno about you but I don't like the sound of that, it has a certain air of 'sign on the dotted line and we own your fucking soul monkey boy!' and if you breath in a way they don't like you'll be out of your house and into a seedy life of cheap prostitution before you can blink!...or am I reading too much into this :)












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home