CURSES! I've been had!...I, despite my sneering sarcastic comments have fallen foul of what has ensnared so many others...I used to be free, able to happily gambol around the web with nary a care in the world, gleefully flitting hither and thither as and when I felt like it...but this is no more...I have allowed myself to become shackled, trapped, imprisoned by an evil force so cruelly addictive that it beggars belief...yes my friends I have been entangled in...Web Forums!
I know, I know, I know! Not too long ago these were the subject of one of my little rants, specifically detailing *exactly* why they don't work...and I still stand by that, I haven't changed my mind...but that's not stopped me falling headfirst into their little arena of vitriolic hyperbole. It's like with anything addictive I suppose...you just pop on there for a look, just curiosity you understand...but to look *properly* you've got to register...and if you're going to register you might as well do it properly eh?...so then you sit there, agonising over what you can put on your profile to make you seem, to the casual observer, as intelligent and knowingly witty as possible...and then it begins...you start posting...just a little at first, after all you're a timid newbie and you don't want to get flamed right at the get-go...then it starts to balloon...your post count goes through the roof...and before you can stop yourself you'll be sitting at your computer day and night chuckling along with your new best mate or...horror of horrors...spending hours on yet another bitchy, scathing response to 'magnoliafan7' or 'pcspazztwat9'!
And then you'll be where I am now...signed onto 5 of the fucking things and always having that irritating urge to be on there posting something or, even worse, signing in and out every 5 minutes to see if anyones responded to that oh-so-witty thread you started...so yeah, as I said earlier...CURSES!












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home