I know it's not Daily...you know it's not Daily...let's just say it's a catchy title and leave it at that eh?

May 04, 2004

Well here I am again :) I really am quite sorry about the lack of posting on here chaps and I reiterate that it's only due to the fact that i've got to fit about a months worth of work into the next 9 days (eek!), i've not (as lots of people said I would when I started doing this) lost interest in the site and can't be arsed anymore :) 'tis a momentary lull in the previously unstoppable stream of vari-topical effluence that you've all come to know and love I assure you :)

So anyway, whilst the other computers rendering a preview of my little animation i've got a moment or two to share a thought that occurred to me last night...it's about music...a subject that, as anyone who knows me and has had to endure the seemingly endless source of rants this subject provides can tell you, I feel rather strongly about :) ...specifically though it's about music collections, you can tell a lot about a person by looking at their music collection...and I don't mean WHAT they like either (obviously you can see differences between an enlightened Radiohead devotee and a befuddled Will Young advocate...one will be thoughtful, witty and incisive...the other only capable of communication through angst-ridden (probably female) teenage grunting) that's too easy, no I mean quantity, variety and quality...someone who has an expansive collection featuring many varied music styles (like mine ;)) that provokes raised eyebrows and exclamations of surprise from the casual browser will, undoubtedly, be a quite wonderful person...someone who's collection features only one or two musical styles but cuts a broad and interesting swathe through their chosen genre will be no less wonderful, just slightly blinkered and unreceptive of new ideas...someone who has a relatively small collection but one that features only the pinnacle of their particular interests will probably be something of a perfectionist...and someone who doesn't really have a music collection to speak of is undoubtedly a servant of the dark one as they have no soul...either that or they're a woman ;)

But there is one music collection in particular that should set alarm bells ringing more than others...should you come across a person who's "taste" sways in this direction you'll be doing yourself a favour to get out of their presence as quickly as possible just in case it's contagious, if need be do a combat leap out of the window...regardless as to what floor you're on...believe me you wouldn't want to spend any more time in their company and a little property damage will probably make them reluctant to talk to you again, which neatly saves you from having to endure months of agonizing pleasantries, that's two birds with one very well placed stone I think :) so what would the music collection of this awful denizen from the fiery bowels of Hades contain?...compilation albums...*shudder*...yes that's right, compilation albums, think about it...what does that say about someone? doesn't it rather smack of "I want someone else to make my decisions for me and TELL me what music I like"?...it all points to no real personal opinion doesn't it? Wouldn't the personality of a person who's collection contains 90% of mass-market compilation nonsense be as banal and uninteresting as their music?...someone who kind of meekly ambles along in "Time Life" Music's wake (this fantastic collection is not available in the shops!) listening only to the music that's selected by some faceless group of corporates for it's non-offensive and generic qualities...wouldn't someone with this little personal opinion just make your blood boil by their sheer unoffensiveness? Or am I going a bit too far again :)

Countless apologies to anyone i've offended with this one...needless to say if you're a friend of mine then *of course* I don't mean you, you're an exception and are also incredibly wonderful ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home