I know it's not Daily...you know it's not Daily...let's just say it's a catchy title and leave it at that eh?

April 16, 2004

Continuing from our post yesterday (it was about the 'special skills' you acquire as you get old...come along now chaps keep up :)) is this peculiar facet of age that i'm not sure whether i'm looking forward to or not...old people (60+ I think is the approximate range) seem to develop an uncanny instinct for finding wherever 'the way' may be in any given place and planting themselves firmly in the middle of it...normally managing to completely occlude whatever walkway, corridor, path, passage or thoroughfare they may be in the vicinity of...which is no small feat in itself when you take into consideration the dinky size of most old people...I mean they're tiny for fuck's sake!...it shouldn't be possible for someone so small to block anything more than a crawlspace! but they do it...they do it through dint of frailty and uncertainty!...you know what I mean? you'll be storming along an aisle in a supermarket say, and some old dear will slowly wobble out in front of you...and can you get past?...nooooooo, even though you have youth, vigour, speed, mental capacity and a solid bone structure on your side you'll fail miserably in the face of slothlike doddery motion and vague *seemingly* random changes in direction! They're doing it on purpose i'm sure...i'm quite certain there's a whole load of geriatric pranksters watching it happen and cackling madly...grrrrr :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home