Today we are going to return to a subject that I can get ever so slightly vexed about...road etiquette...or more accurately the shocking lack of it that people seem to display whenever I drive anywhere. Now this could balloon into quite a lengthy rant and, quite frankly, I don't have the time to fully ascend my high-horse today so we'll keep this down to one particular area...Lights.
Before we start on the sub-subject of lights i'll have to add another little proviso here...the lights in question are standard lights as factory fitted on normal cars...NOT the silly extra lights that people festoon their cars with, that's an entirely different diatribe for another day :) ...so now we've got all that out of the way allow me to get to the point (took a while eh?)...do people no longer know what situations their Main Beam and/or Fog Lights are used in?...call me weird but I only ever use my Main Beam on poorly lit roads with no other traffic around and, again this may be sheer lunacy on my part here, my Fog Lights are only ever switched on when there is Fog around...this is apparently not the case with the rest of Britain's driving public, it now seems that it's perfectly acceptable to have Main Beam switched on as you drive down very well lit, densely populated, large roads (the M6 for example) with nary a care for the poor souls (ie. ME) whose eyes are being gradually seared out of their skulls by the furious intensity of your cunting 'Halogen' bulbs...and that's not enough of course...oh no...after you've successfully indelibly burned the image of your looming headlights onto their (or in this case MY) retina you'll cruise past and continue your optical assualt by having your Fog Lights switched on...and is there any fog?...no...of course not *sigh*.
I personally think that the names 'Main Beam' and 'Fog Lights' are now outdated and should be replaced with the new terminology for their use...'Main Beam' becomes 'Get-the-fuck-out-of-my-way-or-I-shall-drive-through-you Beam' and 'Fog Lights' change to 'Look-at-me-i've-got-lots-of-lights Lights'...I feel that this change would alleviate the confusion and irritation that poor chaps like me suffer because then their names would suit their usage...Thank You.












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home