I know it's not Daily...you know it's not Daily...let's just say it's a catchy title and leave it at that eh?

April 02, 2004

Don't you hate it when you're deceived by food? and I don't mean like when little bits of food suddenly become animate and they spin you some elaborate tale about fairytale lands or rabbit holes (the dirty bastards) or sleeping princesses and whatnot...and you believe them of course, I mean why would a nice shortbread biscuit lie? so you'll follow them to where they want and give them the help they need only to discover that they're the confectionery equivalent of those bloody nigerian scammers...*sigh* it's a cold slap in the face when you realise that you've been duped by a biscuit again!...er...but anyway, NOT like that :)

No, I mean when you've eaten a particular meal in the past and really enjoyed it...and you develop this idea of what that kind of thing should taste like...but when you go somewhere different and they sell the same thing it's always a disappointment isn't it? Take Chinese restaurants for example, I don't think i've ever enjoyed the same meal in two different establishments...every time you go to a new Chinese you have to spend ages scouring the menu for the one thing that *this* particular place will do that you'll like, and as you're looking your eyes keep getting drawn to the safe bets that you love from other restaurants...but you know that if you DO order it you'll only be disappointed...*sigh* it's a cruel world isn't it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home