I know it's not Daily...you know it's not Daily...let's just say it's a catchy title and leave it at that eh?

April 08, 2004

The more perceptive amongst you will have noticed that there was no post yesterday (which does rather tarnish the title 'The Daily Thing' eh?)...the less perceptive will have read Tuesdays post twice and thought 'blimey! he's running out of ideas, that was shockingly similar to something I read yesterday!'...worry yourselves no further though, here's a full account of the reasons behind my tardiness...yes it's an excuse :)

Picture the scene...it's 9.23am (precise I know) and I'm just drifting in and out of sleep after yet another night featuring lots and lots of insomnia followed by an eventual comatose sleep at about 7am (or thereabouts)...i'm happily lazing there, safe in the knowledge that it's the weekend and I can happily catch up on sleep for a few more hours yet...then there's a knock at my bedroom door...oh how unutterably rude! who on earth would be disturbing me from this pleasant slumber NOW, and for what possible reason could they be making such an awful racket!...it's my sister...who says "Chris...aren't you supposed to be in work?"...eyes snap open...room lurches into focus...brain gets hastily hurled into gear...and realises that it is, in fact, NOT the weekend...no...it's Wednesday...I *should* indeed be in work...and i've overslept *again*...twat!

Which is my excuse for not posting yesterday...as always i'm awfully sorry for depriving you all of my rare genius yet again...i'd like to say it won't happen again but we all know that'd be somewhat optimistic :) as long as i'm an insomniac (which i've always been...so the chances of me changing now are slim to say the least!) waking up is always going to be an issue i'm afraid...must try harder :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home