Apologies for yesterday's dreary post...I don't normally let the whole insomnia thing get to me but I was feeling ill yesterday as well and the whole situation ended up making me a little cranky...jimmy to be precise *arf* :D
So on to today, and what joys are on offer? Well I am going to get around to my theories on the Universe at some point but I don't have time today, so instead here's a little something i'm having to put up with at the moment in work. Now then, for those who don't know, I work as a graphic designer...and part of my job is dealing with clients...and part of dealing with clients is requesting artwork from them...sounds simple yes? well it's not...it's a nightmare (during the day obviously). Now you would think that the owner of a company would be able to locate his own logo...after all they've got brochures, websites, videos and all manner of branded tat with their logo on...stands to reason that the logo actually has to exist *somewhere* yes?...again, you're wrong...every time you ask anyone for their logo or any relevant artwork that's needed for a job they'll look at you blankly and go "oh...so you need that then do you?"...well yes, obviously I do...unless you'd like me to recreate your wonderful product using egg cups, washing up bottles and plasticine and photograph that *instead* of the picture you've specified here...the picture that I don't have...the picture that you DO have...and the picture that you're not going to get unless you fucking well supply it to me you witless dolt!
You can forgive the small tinpot companies for it of course, after all their logo is probably just some nightmarish creation spawned deep from the bowels of MS Publisher and, therefore, is actually better off lost :) but you'd expect the big companies (and we're talking multinationals here) to be a bit more professional about the whole process wouldn't you?...wrong again! They're just as useless...they'll send a 72dpi web grab of their logo (which of course has a 17 volume tome listing...in great detail...the do's and don'ts concerning their precious logo...which EVERY single employee dutifully ignores) that's the size of a postage stamp to be used as artwork for a 5 metre banner...and you try explaining to them that the quality isn't good enough, they just can't grasp it...in fact some of them just go away for a day or so then send the same file again (really, this happened to me yesterday!) i'm not entirely sure of the reasoning behind this? maybe they thought that the shit image just needed a bit more time to grow up and that it might be a bit better now?, or perhaps sending the same file through twice will make it twice as good?, maybe they thought I was just being mean and would reconsider?, well...they're all wrong...it's shite...it's still shite...and it will always be shite no matter how many fucking times you send it to me!...*sigh* sometimes I despair :)












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home