I know it's not Daily...you know it's not Daily...let's just say it's a catchy title and leave it at that eh?

June 02, 2004

As we discussed yesterday the *real* reason for visiting any show is to grab as much cheap branded tat as is humanly possible...and as I hinted at yesterday some is good...some is bad...some is, shall we say puzzling :) but what precisely do I mean by 'puzzling'? Well obvious show tat fodder are pens, pads, cd cases etc...which you expect...but then there's the things that you just look at and think "what possible use is that to anyone?"...i've got 2 of them sat on my desk at the moment...one is a weird bendy arm with a crocodile clip at one end and a flat base at the other, you're apparently supposed to use it to hold things...like fucking what? a single business card perhaps? or maybe a picture that you don't mind having clip scratches all over?...but why not just use a business card box for business cards and a picture frame for pictures?. The other item is even more devoid of discernible use...it's a little egg with wobbly legs and an antenna, and when you're phone goes off it's legs wobble about so you know your phone's ringing...right...now call me a traditionalist but, for me, I tend to know my phone's ringing when, through the magic of sound, I can hear my phone ringing and, up till now, that's certainly been enough for me...novelty leg wobbling eggs didn't really top my list of 'must haves' when I was getting my phone to be honest...although I can picture it now "So you're giving me a free handset, hands free kit, 1000 free minutes a month, free texts and free video calling...excellent, now just give me my leg wobbly egg so i'll know when the phone's ringing and i'll be on my way...WHAT!...No leg wobbly egg!...what kind of telecommunications charlatains are you!...I shall take my business elsewhere!...Harumph".

So yeah...like I said...puzzling :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home