Has anyone ever had any run-ins with consultants? If you have you'll know how intensely irritating it can be, if not I shall explain.
A consultant is basically someone who cons and insults people (hence consult...I can't take credit for that joke incedentally, it's a Scott Adams one)...firstly he cons them by getting them to pay him vast amounts of cash for what is, essentially, nothing...then he insults them by coming into their company with no knowledge of how things work and telling them they're doing it wrong. I am exaggerating slightly here of course and i'm sure that in some instances consultancy can work...it's just that i've never happened across one :)
And recently i've had the dubious pleasure of being 'consulted'...did a video job for a company, they're ecstacic with it...so's their client...so's the MD...everyone's happy...but wait! in steps mister consultant and pipes up that "it's not cool enough" then swans off again...so everything's got to be redone now (which i've got no problem with as it means I get paid more ;)). Now i've got no problem whatsoever with constructive criticism, after all that's how work gets improved, but let's look at this from a cynical point of view shall we :) Mr. Consultant man gets paid a fortune to chip his opinion in here and there...and if everything's fine then what's he getting paid for?...so that means that to keep his cushy position all he has to do is say something's not right every once in a while and that's fine!...he doesn't even have to qualify it for fucks sake, he can just say 'it's not cool enough'...which is pretty useless really, I mean can you define cool? Surely it's a totally subjective concept yes?...which means that he can randomly say that and get away with it! He's been asked to give us further information now and actually define what he means and, guess what?, he can't...hhhhmmmmmm there's a surprise :)












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home