I know, I know, I know...missed yesterday's posting opportunity i'm afraid...went out for lunch and ended up being late back to the office, therefore missing my chance to bang on about nothing to you lucky people :) but *why* was I late? Well aside from the delays at McDonalds where I was unfortunately forced to eat my lunch...never again! i'm not getting suckered into that again!, it's NOT fast (the shambling witless drones behind the counter made sure of that by ineptitude on an almost mesmerising scale!), it's NOT food (I dunno, can reprocessed floor sweepings be counted as food?), and I most certainly am NOT "loving it" (Shit song, shit jingle, shit adverts for shit pseudo-food). But yes, as I said, it wasn't just that that caused my delay...so what did?...well suffice to say that the journey back to work was down twisty country roads...now factor into the equation that I was in a hurry...aaahhhhhh the penny drops :)...yes another immutable law of the universe came into effect (and, again, proof of my "the universe is female" theory), specifically the one regarding the placement of a doddering pensioner driving a pre-war car directly in front of you at the beginning of a *very* long road where overtaking is nigh on impossible...ah yes...that old chestnut ;)
Now i'm an even tempered chap, I take most things good naturedly and can, in almost any circumstance, see the funny side and just laugh about whatever it may be...and I did here at first too...as I pulled out of the aforementioned accursed "fast food restaurant" (those quotation marks are being as sarcastic as possible there by the way) and was narrowly pipped to the start of this long country road by a doddering old gent I did, at first, just chuckle to myself, but at that point I thought i'd be stuck behind him for a little while before the chance to overtake would present itself OR he would be going a different way to me...not so on both counts unfortunately...the traffic did that oh-so witty thing of being incredibly heavy at any point where passing would be possible, then miraculously disappearing only in the places where overtaking was coupled with a fair chance of a fiery, explosive death (blind corners)...he also seemed to be following me from in front, which again was actually quite amusing at first, but after spending 25 minutes stuck behind a car doing 25 on a 60 road and having him go *exactly* the way you need to for the entire journey it kind of lost it's amusing edge...in fact by the time he did turn off and go a different way I was reduced to an irate, seething little pillar of pure rage sat behind the steering wheel...you know you've lost it when you seriously consider following someone home to "discuss" their road conduct with them ;)












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home