I know it's not Daily...you know it's not Daily...let's just say it's a catchy title and leave it at that eh?

September 08, 2004

1 - Everything in Spain costs 10p

Well, near enough anyway :) as we discovered from the first night everthing is cheap...very cheap!...so cheap in fact that every time we got the bill for anything we were convinced there was some sort of mistake but trying to communicate this to someone when you speak no Spanish whatsoever and they're similarly bereft of any grasp of English is nigh on impossible...although you'd think they'd get used to it eh? Giving people the bill and having them look at you askance and start asking to pay more is a dead giveaway that they're from England isn't it :)

Of course once we realised that everything really was that cheap (10p...arf) it all became quite funny...I mean it's not every day that 7 people can go out drinking all night and end up with the bill coming to about £30...no, not £30 each, £30 in total...so yeah, 10p really :P And it wasn't restriced to Spain either...on the way over I got a can of Pepsi on the plane and it cost £1.60...on the way back I got the same thing but it only cost 1 euro...which is about 60p...and that was the way everything seemed to work over there...*everything* was 1 euro! If this is what changing over to the Euro means then i'm all for it! Of course if we did join in with the rest of Europe all that'd happen is that our burgeoning economy would drag the rest of Europe down with it so I suppose it's best to stay as we are really, we may still be 'Rip-Off Britain' but at least we can all go on merry capers through 'Bargain Basement Europe' ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home