Everyone knows how much fun it is to go out, have a few drinks and make a twat of yourself :P sure it's not big and it's not clever (remember that kids ;)) but it *does* make for some fantastic anecdotes to regale people with once your crippling shame has abated somewhat...and if you don't have at least one story that involves catastrophically bad drunken decision making that leads to a lengthy adventure (filled with embellishments that are added later of course) with plenty of mishap, misadventure and embarrasment then you're obviously staying in too much...oh, and you really should have destroyed at least one hotel room in your life ;)
But there's one aspect of the alcohol fuelled rampage that never ceases to amaze me...at some point, roughly in the middle part of proceedings, someone will always chirp up the legendary comment "wow! I seem to be quite drunk!" and they always manage to instil a credible amount of shock and surprise in this little observational gem...I mean they've only been drinking a heady concoction of high-proof alcohol that's tantamount to paint stripper for 4 or 5 hours so *obviously* they're surprised to find themselves drunk, what freakish coincidence is it to find yourself utterly wankered after drinking 8 pints of Stella (not that I drink that piss you understand...i'm just using it for illustrative purposes...hhhhmmmmmmm arty dolphins eh *chuckle*).
You just watch the next time you're out...try and remain at least relatively alert and I guarantee that someone will say, possibly after comically tumbling down a flight of stairs into a none-too-pleased ape like bouncer, "blimey, I seem to be a bit drunk!"...and that's another one too, they never say "fuck me! I'm totally ratarsed...look! I can't even walk anymore!" no, instead they blithely comment "oh! I seem to be a bit tipsy"...hhhmmmmm tipsy eh, well I think that 'tipsy' technically applies to your gran having a touch too much sherry and going a little giggly...not drinking for an entire day and trying to start a conversation with a window decoration in a restaurant...or perhaps my perspective is a trifle skewed...and I haven't even been drinking ;)












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home