I know it's not Daily...you know it's not Daily...let's just say it's a catchy title and leave it at that eh?

July 26, 2004

After 10 motoring years of nae bother from the boys in blue (oh i'm sorry is this now 'politically incorrect'?...hhhmmmmm well how 'PC' is "I don't fucking care about your wanky correctess...politically or otherwise...why don't you save us all some hassle and take a walk in a recently seeded minefield you innefectual, pedantic twat of a timewaster"?...not very is it?...so let's not raise the thorny issue of all this 'PC' shite again and i'll forget this ever happened...Jolly Good) i've now had another run in with them...and has it changed my somewhat dim view of Traffic Police after last weeks shitty little incident?...no...not in the slightest...in fact it's made it worse! allow me to explain.

I park my car in the same place every day, always safely, never blocking anyone in or occluding anyones pathway, always with consideration for any other cars parked around me...so when I got a phonecall to say that there were 3 policemen around my car all taking notes and looking angry I was understandably concerned!...so off up the road I go to find out what is going on...when I get there i'm greeted to a scene of complete and utter traffic mayhem! you see another chap has come along and parked opposite my car...but instead of parking so that anyone can get past (a little further up or down the road...perhaps half on the kerb) he's parked in the most awkward place possible meaning that the buses, trucks and delivery vans that also use this road can't get through...so I go up to a policeman and ask if he wants me to move my car back a bit so everyone can get through...obviously he does :) so I move the car and as i'm locking it he comes marching over and says in his most officious voice "is this your car sir?"...there's a momentary delay where I look at the keys in my hand that are still locking the door to the car I had just got into and driven right in front of him...I consider my answer for a moment and decide against the "of *course* it's my fucking car you complete numbskull" that I want to answer with on the grounds that this snotty little man would love nothing more than an excuse to make my life miserable, so instead answer with a suitably deferential "yes officer it is"...he looks at me for a moment, seemingly processing this tricky new information...either that or he's just glaring at me to make me uncomfortable on purpose and I don't think he'd do that would he? after all that would be a petty abuse of the modicum of power he's been granted to serve the general public ;) ...so no, *surely* he wasn't doing that...anyway, time passes...I start to get tense...eventually he says "and do you have an MOT for this car?"...I reply that yes I do...he then asks "and are you insured?"...again I reply that yes I am...he glares at me for a little while longer, then takes out his little notebook and says to me "I am cautioning you for not being able to produce sufficient documentation when asked for it by the roadside" (or something...I can't remember his *exact* words but it was something along those lines) then tells me i've got 7 days to go to a police station and produce said documentation or I'll be prosecuted and fined!

So there you go...help the police out and you get a caution for it! Now this little episode just serves to reinforce the opinion I had already...that, for the most part, the only people the law affects are the people who abide by it...as, if I *were* some criminal type with a stolen/unlicensed/uninsured car, i'd just give false details to the policeman and then not turn up...getting away scot free...as all people who aren't bound by the rules seem to do. The laws are there to protect all the normal, hardworking, taxpaying citizens yes? well unfortunately no, they aren't, they only really affect the people who follow the rules anyway and when it comes to actually prosecuting the real criminals the police *always* seem to be utterly powerless because the only things they can do don't affect people who don't care!...so, really, what's the fucking point?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home