Just as I was sitting down to type "nothing to read here...move along everyone, move along!" (y'know, grizzled new york cop stylee ;)) when something happened that merged the collective rants of the last 3 days into one! There I was...poised...ready to eat the truly astounding sandwich creation i'd just put together (Ham, Cheese & Pickle sandwich with Flame Grilled Steak Mcoys...multi-tier construction...firm grip...I am truly an artiste beyond compare ;)) when the phone rings...I wait...tension builds...phone continues ringing...it becomes clear that, since everyone else is obviously busy, I'm going to have to answer the phone...so, despite my express warning, I am forced to relinquish control of the culinary beast! which, as expected, comes tumbling down in an unholy mess all over the place :( suitably annoyed I answer the phone and who should it be? It's Carl...who's calling on behalf of BT and is wondering whether i'd like to save up to 50% on my phone bills. Well Carl you've clearly ignored all prior warnings and I have now been forced into the suggested actions by your astounding ignorance...in the words of Robert De Niro..."I want him dead...I want his family dead...I want his house burned to the ground!"...you hear that Carl? I'm coming for you...I think i'll actually kill you in some elaborate way that involves a perfectly constructed crisp sandwich, I rather like the poetic justice to that ;)
July 23, 2004
- Name: Lizard
- Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Hhhhmmmmm...strange things are afoot at the Circle...
- In terms of busy eat-at-your-desk office lunches t...
- So then, as I so eloquently put it yesterday "the ...
- Afternoon all :) everyone's all well and good on t...
- Well Thurday pulled out all the stops and gave me ...
- AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH! No time! No time! No time! :( ri...
- As has been previously established i'm a graphic d...
- We're British...and therefore *excellent* whiners....
- I have recently been spending a not too inconsider...
- Ah hello again to you all :) I am, as you're undou...
- Rathergood
- Mil Millington
- Belle de Jour
- A New York Escorts Confessions
- Family Guy
- Nishijin Sword
- Production I.G.
- Juno Records
- Apple
- Woz.org
- Harder Faster
- FDUK
- Shivaree - I Oughta Give You a Shot in the Head for Making me Live in this Dump
- Radiohead - Everything!
- Soulwax - Much Against Everyone's Advice
- Assorted eclectic bits n bobs on iTunes...now got 3.2 days worth of continuous music! Woo!
- The odd fizzling/popping noise which is the sound of your hair being singed off your head from the inside due to lots and lots of stress...paradoxically it's rather calming :)
- The Wind Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami
- Memoirs Of A Geisha - Arthur Golden
- Pebble In The Sky - Isaac Asimov
- The Saga of Seven Suns - Kevin J Anderson
- Dilbert - Scott Adams
- Pearls Before Swine - Stephan Pastis
- Get Fuzzy - Darby Conley
- Er...this page over and over again...is it bad to laugh at your own jokes this much?
- World of Warcraft...for 6 months now...to the exclusion of everything else!
- Samurai Jack
- Family Guy
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Ghost In The Shell: TV Series
- Naruto
- The Vision of Escaflowne
- Fushigi Yuugi
- Initial-D: Fourth Stage
About Me
These deal with the Music and Books questions as I can't be witty in those damn restrictive boxes: Music - I like bits of everything really (except Garage...although that doesn't really qualify as music) if I were forced to pick a favourite band it'd be Radiohead. I also listen to loads of dance music since I DJ in my spare time (I know what you're thinking "but Chris how can you *possibly* have any spare time what with all the fantastic design, oh-so-witty writing and all around being great that you do?" *sigh* What can I say? All in a days work when you're great I suppose ;)) Books - Well as an insomniac I do tend to read rather a lot (what? my overwrought prose style didn't give you a hint?) I normally read either Science Fiction or Fantasy stuff but do delve into 'serious' books every once in a while, if only so I can say, in true pretentious twat fashion, things like "ah yes well as Kundera says 'meaning is all about weight' isn't it" (no it's not a book about slimming *sigh* philistines). My favourite non fantasy or Sci-Fi author is Oscar Wilde and it should also be rather obvious that I enjoy reading Mil Millington's books ;)
Previous Posts
Links





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home