Ok, before I get into the full swing of today's post there's a couple of niggly details to get out of the way...a little housekeeping if you will :)...firstly you will all have noticed that I posted nothing on Monday and Tuesday...well, either that or I *did* post something...something that was just so unbelievably, earth-quakingly amazing that it would have brought society as we know it to a standstill by it's utter aceness! so, for the sake of everyone, I actually deleted those posts and kept their brilliance to myself...yeah...that *could* have happened...it didn't though :P there was no post on Monday because I had to sit reading legal/housey stuff for about 3 hours (more on this tomorrow) and was dead busy...and yesteday the network went down in work so I couldn't access the site to post anything :( I tried everything...I promise...I tried polarising the warp coil inducers (I pointed a blue light at the hub), I tried to sonically adjust the bi-phase flow control (I shouted at the server), I even tried re-initiating the core access drive (turned the router on and off)...but all to no avail...so no post...I am, as ever, *most* apologetic.
Secondly you will no doubt have noticed by now that some of the links in the link section have nice little buttons :D oooohhhhhhh! Well the Weebl and B3ta are basically the same as the old text links but there's 3 new link there too! One for Narutofan (a fan page for one of the best TV series i've ever seen! You can even download the latest episodes just after they air in Japan :)), one's an information page about the upcoming Neon Genesis Evangelion live action movie (it's fantastic...trust me), and one for Banging Tunes which is a record shop...now anyone who buys records from there and fancies being nice to me can do their buying after clicking on that link...because i'm an affiliate now and if anyone buys stuff through that link I get paid for it! Ah go on! :P
Right...now that all that's out of the way on to the matter at hand, which was all inspired by this weekend's adventures :) Basically I went to a beach party on Saturday night which was surprisingly fantastic :) there's something very satisfying about finding your way to a party in the middle of nowhere at midnight and staying there to see the sunrise! I'm not getting all hippy and spiritual or anything...but it was pretty damn cool :) anyway since we all stayed there until about lunchtime on Sunday and since Sunday was absolutely scorchingly sunny! I picked up a bit of a tan...now this will come as something of a surprise to anyone that knows me as, normally, the only tanning I get is a little light radiation burn from computer monitors (which does leave you with a *very* fetching grey pallor :P) so the idea of me actually having a vaguely healthy looking tan may seem alien to some of you but i promise it is there :) and, despite my 'anti-suntan' feelings, i've actually found myself quite liking it...I know, I know, it's all so terribly narcissistic isn't it ;)
So then...as i'm sure some of you will have noticed I said there that I have 'anti-suntan' feelings...why? Simple...people seem to get carried away with them too easily. There's nothing wrong with a little light tanning...in fact it can sometimes look quite nice...but there seems to be some odd fascination (amongst some people) with getting as tanned as possible and then retaining it throughout the year by assorted, and surely bad for your skin, nasty chemical treatments...which gives rise to a particular breed of person I personally find incredibly unattractive and rather laughable...I am of course talking about The Orange Women! You'll all have seen them i'm sure, oddly enough they seem to flock to the department store make-up counters (in front of and behind them) so these hellish places make an excellent place to spot this odd sub-species...they're normally mid-forties (although there are younger and, *shudder*, older ones around too), will *undoubtedly* be carrying an assortment of 'Louis Vuitton' apparel (incidentally does anyone else think that this is, essentially, a slightly posher version of Burberry? it's the same principle...people trying to look like they're "money" by stupidly buying some naff brand that's steeped in posh tradition...well I have a word of advice for you all...you're wasting you're fucking time, aside from the fact that those fucking gay little handbags are absolutely *hideous* (they're gold and brown for fucks sake!) all you're doing by buying them is proving that you're NOT what you're trying so desperately to be...real rich people have stopped owning that shit now, and even if they do they don't get the cheap crappy bags that normal people can afford! If you want to look rich then buy a swanky apartment in Monaco harbour, twat about in casinos all day and cruise about in a Ferrari...if you can't afford it then stop wasting your time and money on rich people's cast offs!), and will also be festooned with as much 'name brand' gold tat as possible in a futile attempt to A) Halt the ageing process and B) Look rich. So here's something I always wonder when I see one of them...do they *honestly* believe they look good? I mean come on...surely they can't think it's cool to be bright orange!...can they? Really?












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home