Truck Drivers! Now i'm not going to launch into an ill advised rant about the way truck drivers drive here...no...there are good drivers and bad drivers of everything, from cycles to HGV's every mode of transport has it's attentive, courteous drivers and it's idiotic retards :) ...so what am I going to talk about here then? Well, there's one aspect of trucks that just confuses me...and I shall explain in the form of a story...everyone sitting comfortably?
I was on my way home last night...driving down the A14 which, as anyone who's ever driven on it can attest to, is always crammed with trucks...it was a late night at work so it's dark...very dark since the stretch of road I was on had no streetlights...then, all of a sudden, a sudden blazing wall of light flashes from behind me!..."SHIT!" thinks I, "what the fuck was that!"...impending armageddon perhaps? (daybreak at night and all), the second coming? alien invasion?...nope...it was, of course, a truck driver flashing his lights to let another truck driver pull in front of him which, normally, is a perfectly normal non retina searing occurence...not so when Mr. Truck Driver has seen fit to festoon the front of his truck with more high powered lamps, lights, floodlights, searchlights and "eye-boilingly intense" Halogen bulbs than you can shake a stick at...if you had a stick...or could still see.
So there's my musing for today...why? Why cover every square nanometre of a truck's front with equipment designed to induce blindness in other drivers? Is there a reason? Aside from sheer idiocy I mean :P












2 Comments:
You ask ' why do truck drivers cover ever square inch of their trucks with HUGE powerful lights '. You have the answer if you think about it. They look cool, and all electronics are techy ( especially xenon lights that need all sorts of converters ), they are expensive, and 'yes' if you shine them in someones eyes they are definetly dangerous. So coolly techy, expensive and dangerous. I rest my case.
9:59 pm
Hhhhhmmmm...I've backed myself in a corner there haven't I? Who'd have thought that my own smartarse comments would be the seed of my undoing! Well done Mr Mystery Commenter :) you make a fair point...and in the words normally uttered by women the world over - "curse you and your infernal logic!" :P
11:25 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home