So then, what with me sleeping in and all...again, not much time for a post today (it's been something of a week of that hasn't it chaps? Hhhmmmm, must try harder ;)) which is a shame as today is the first anniversary of the Daily Thing mailing list (the email I irritate friends with that ultimately gave rise to this wonderful website)...I leave it to you to celebrate this auspicious occasion in your own special fashion ;)
In place of a real post I shall answer a comment/suggestion from my little brother Shaun...he's been asking me to write a post about Naruto...erm, but i'm not too sure what I can write about it? I mean, beyond me enthusing about how incredible the series is, what more can I say? It's something that isn't really going to appeal to you in the slightest if you don't enjoy anime...however if you *do* enjoy anime (and are therefore part of the elite club of the enlightened :P) then allow me to make a recommendation or two:
Naruto (obviously) - excellent series about Ninjas. Great action scenes and very funny in places.
Initial D - great if you like cars and racing. Considerably better than toss like Fast & the Furious (ick!)
Rurouni Kenshin - about a wandering samurai...funny and loads of cool sword fights.
Escaflowne - Odd mix of mecha and old fashioned knights...great story too.
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Incredibly complicated storylines, superb animation and acting...the pinnacle of anime series.
There's loads more of course...but they're my current favourites...anyone else got any favourite series?












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home