You will all no doubt have noticed the large new link down there on the links bar..."Get Firefox!" it yelps :) and I shall add some supportive yelps to it's cause as it's one fantastic bit of software...you see as I was attempting to plod around the web last night I was becoming more and more irked by the many "features" of Microsoft(arse)'s Internet Exploiter (or explorer...whatever)...helpful features like constant crashing, horrendously slow load times, inexplicable freezes, constant pop-up harrassment and, of course, the now *legendary* Microsoft(arse) security disasters (they're all features aren't they? According to Microsoft(arse) a "feature" seems to be something incredibly irritating and disruptive that the software/computer shouldn't do...but does...constantly...so they're all features yeah ;)) so I thought i'd finally do something about it and start using a decent program.
Now i'd sort of heard of Firefox before but, coincidentally, had ambled across it's site earlier on in the day...inspired by it's *incredibly* cool logo and groovy name (what? i'm a designer i'm supposed to be swayed by such aesthetic nonsense ;)) I thought i'd give it a whirl and fuck me is it great! It automatically copies all bookmarks and setting over from Exploiter but, happily, leaves all the security holes and bad programming behind :P Inbuilt customisable popup blockers, google search built into the toolbar, tabbed browser windows, secure, RSS integration and CSS/Java warning console for brainy programmer types :) I won't bore you all with continued nerdy eulogising but suffice to say that it's great and I urge you all to ditch the intensely shit Internet Exploiter and get Firefox instead...you could replace your email client with Thunderbird while you're at it as that's similarly superior to utter toss like Outlook...and besides, how cool do they sound! Firefox and Thunderbird...oooooohhhhhhhhh :D












0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home