First of all i'd like to take this opportunity to give my boss' daughter, Carly, a heartfelt thank you for inadvertently supplying me with a worthy target for todays ire :) Now then, we all know my feelings on reality TV shows and the ilk who populate them (and if you don't then clicky here to catch up...and *do* try to pay attention in future...honestly!), but what could these hateful reprobaits possibly have in common with my boss' daughter? Well perhaps if I pass on the gist of the excitable text message she's just sent...it went along the lines of "Oh my god! I've just seen Stu & Michelle from Big Brother 5 walking down the street! I can't believe it! I've taken a picture...wow!"...now, my first reaction here was to think "Who?"...then I remembered 2 of the hateful characters from the last shameless parade of ego and idiocy that was Big Brother 5 (not that I watched it you understand...but you will unfortunately get subjected to some of this mindless pap if your housemates are both avid viewers...*sigh*), obviously the thought following this realisation was "yeah...and?"...as I simply can't understand why 2 normal people with no discernable talents whatsoever, aside from being intensely irritating of course, are deserving of any recognition or excitement? It's akin to me running out into the street right now, grabbing a complete stranger and going "Oh my god! You're a random nobody i've never met! I can't *believe* that i've run into you here, walking around on the street like other normal people and...OH MY GOD! look over there...it's someone else utterly insignificant! WOW!"...*ahem*...ok, perhaps I exaggerate slightly...but exaggeration is funny dammit and I think it's made my point admirably ;)
October 08, 2004
- Name: Lizard
- Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Ah well I suppose the post-'eternal sunshine' glow...
- It would seem that yesterday's post was sufficient...
- Good day to you all :) I hope everyone had a jolly...
- It is a commonly stated fact that quite often the ...
- Have you all seen those *awful* adverts that have ...
- You will all no doubt have noticed the large new l...
- Ok...now today's little rant has been brought abou...
- Just a brief musing today...have you ever noticed ...
- Right...bit busy today i'm afraid my faithful acol...
- Crikey! So yesterday's post heralded the end of th...
- Rathergood
- Mil Millington
- Belle de Jour
- A New York Escorts Confessions
- Family Guy
- Nishijin Sword
- Production I.G.
- Juno Records
- Apple
- Woz.org
- Harder Faster
- FDUK
- Shivaree - I Oughta Give You a Shot in the Head for Making me Live in this Dump
- Radiohead - Everything!
- Soulwax - Much Against Everyone's Advice
- Assorted eclectic bits n bobs on iTunes...now got 3.2 days worth of continuous music! Woo!
- The odd fizzling/popping noise which is the sound of your hair being singed off your head from the inside due to lots and lots of stress...paradoxically it's rather calming :)
- The Wind Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami
- Memoirs Of A Geisha - Arthur Golden
- Pebble In The Sky - Isaac Asimov
- The Saga of Seven Suns - Kevin J Anderson
- Dilbert - Scott Adams
- Pearls Before Swine - Stephan Pastis
- Get Fuzzy - Darby Conley
- Er...this page over and over again...is it bad to laugh at your own jokes this much?
- World of Warcraft...for 6 months now...to the exclusion of everything else!
- Samurai Jack
- Family Guy
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Ghost In The Shell: TV Series
- Naruto
- The Vision of Escaflowne
- Fushigi Yuugi
- Initial-D: Fourth Stage
About Me
These deal with the Music and Books questions as I can't be witty in those damn restrictive boxes: Music - I like bits of everything really (except Garage...although that doesn't really qualify as music) if I were forced to pick a favourite band it'd be Radiohead. I also listen to loads of dance music since I DJ in my spare time (I know what you're thinking "but Chris how can you *possibly* have any spare time what with all the fantastic design, oh-so-witty writing and all around being great that you do?" *sigh* What can I say? All in a days work when you're great I suppose ;)) Books - Well as an insomniac I do tend to read rather a lot (what? my overwrought prose style didn't give you a hint?) I normally read either Science Fiction or Fantasy stuff but do delve into 'serious' books every once in a while, if only so I can say, in true pretentious twat fashion, things like "ah yes well as Kundera says 'meaning is all about weight' isn't it" (no it's not a book about slimming *sigh* philistines). My favourite non fantasy or Sci-Fi author is Oscar Wilde and it should also be rather obvious that I enjoy reading Mil Millington's books ;)
Previous Posts
Links





1 Comments:
Hi best your bruvva here
Just wanted to say I agree totally about the reality tv. and mabye its just me being ignorant but have you done a post on naruto? if not do one NOW speak to you soon
your little bruvva
9:40 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home