I know it's not Daily...you know it's not Daily...let's just say it's a catchy title and leave it at that eh?

October 07, 2004

Ah well I suppose the post-'eternal sunshine' glow couldn't last forever eh...yes that's right, i'm now back to my normal state of wry amusement tinged with anger ;) but this return to form has not simply been caused by the ebb of contented happiness...no...it was brought about by one specific thing...a TV programme that aired on Tuesday night called "Going Straight" in which 6 convicts are given the opportunity to run their own start-up business...fair enough, I thought at first, but then I watched it for a little while and realised that this assortment of former criminals were not only being handed a business with all the funding, financial backing and obvious publicity that a TV show engenders, they were also getting invaluable advice from real entrepreneurs (you know, the people who actually *worked* for what they've got) AND were still allowed to sign on to the dole for 6 months "until they got their business up and running"...erm...WHAT!

I wonder what would happen if I, the taxpaying, moral, law abiding member of society, were to approach the government and say "Hi, I want to start up my own business so if you'd just give me some swanky premises in a prime location, arrange some coaching sessions with industry peers, give me all the equipment I need AND pay me for the first 6 months 'in case things get tricky' ok?"...what would the answer be? Would I get everything I asked for or would I get laughed at and kicked out? Hhhmmmmm, the latter I feel! Strange then, don't you think, that the people who have done nothing to contribute to society and have spent their worthless little existences being nothing more than a drain on it are then so generously rewarded non?

Now before I start sounding *too* harsh here I shall just point out that i'm not against rehabilitation or second chances, by all means if someone truly wants to work then that's great...but I don't see why they should get far more chances, help and opportunity than the honest people they've spent a lifetime ripping off. It seems to be that if these people aren't handed *everything* to them on a silver platter then they won't bother to work...fine...fuck them then, they're a drain on society, they don't want to work, so let them rot...it's their own choice. I had a choice with what I wanted to do with my life and I chose to go to work hard, go to college, get a job that paid shit but taught me the ropes and eventually, after about 8 years of hard work I might add, I moved on to a good, nicely paid job...that was my choice...I had no help, I had no grants, I had nothing from the government or anyone (aside from my amazing parents of course) to help me to where i am now...but that's too hard for these lazy retards, they don't *want* to work, they don't *want* to spend year upon year of hard, underpaid work learning what they need to know, they'd rather cheat the system and steal from the decent, honest members of society because that's easier...but then they get caught and the rosy criminal life isn't quite so appealing anymore so they "reform" and want to make nice...but they still don't want to *do* anything of course...oh no, they'll just continue to leech from us by claiming benefits instead, not wanting to move their lazy, worthless arses off the couch (away from their widescreen TV and 256 channels of Sky no doubt) for any normal job...no no no...they're *special* aren't they, they need their jobs to be interesting and, most importantly, easy enough for them to warrant getting out of bed in the morning yeah? Oh...fucking...really.

I think the moment the full on rage hit me and I had to stop watching this programme was the moment the store "manager" got a £300 grant from the dole office so he could buy some suits to help him "look the part"...as he stood there in front of the camera and glibly commented "I'd best go try on me new suit...courtesy of the government"...gnnff!...no, not courtesy of the government you fucking obnoxious little oxygen thief...courtesy of the taxpayers...you know, the people you used to steal from, the people who payed for your stay in prison, the people who pay your dole and, now, the people who've handed you a lifestyle and a business that you have absolutely NO right to! Fuck me it's enough to make you want to turn to a life of crime eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home